21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Сontinues to win praise from clients for his work in competition
Evgeny Bolshakov has worked in the competition law field for more than 15 years. Over the years, he has participated in dozens of major antimonopoly cases, a number of which have become precedent-setting. He represents clients in antitrust cases and challenges decisions of the Russian FAS in court, advises on distribution and other contractual schemes, and has significant experience in auditing companies for compliance with antimonopoly and trade law.
Among Evgeny’s significant projects:
- Defending the interests of an international flooring market leader before the FAS Russia by proving the anti-competitive nature of the franchising agreements and bonus programs of its competitor Tarkett, the largest linoleum manufacturer in Russia.
- Defending a coalition of companies bringing together Avito, IVI, CIAN, Profi.ru, Tutu.ru, Drom.ru, 2GIS and Zoon in a case involving Yandex's use of special enriched search engine formats, the so-called "wizards", which were available exclusively to Yandex's own services for priority promotion on its search engine.
- Securing approval from the FAS Russia for a unique partnership between Gett and Citymobil.
- Securing the dismissal of one of the biggest antimonopoly cases of 2020 in the food market. The case was initiated by the Chelyabinsk FAS of Russia against Spar and Magnit retail chains on the grounds of cartel collusion in connection with increased prices on buckwheat.
- Securing the FAS Russia approval of deal between Yandex and Uber regarding the establishment of a joint venture ("the Deal of the Year" according to Forbes).
- Representing Mediterranean Shipping Company, an international transport company, in a cartel investigation conducted by the FAS of Russia on the container transportation market. The alleged cartel involved 13 companies and the client was the only one to be fully exonerated, with no fines or penalties.
Evgeny joined Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners in 2007.
Evgeny graduated from the Moscow State Law Academy in 2006. In 2008, he took an American law course at the International Law University (USA) and in 2013 he completed additional training at Harvard Institute for English Language Programs.
He is a member of the Moscow Bar Association.