21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Andrey Bastrakov has over 20 years’ experience specialising in criminal cases of varying complexity and has extensive experience of representing clients in arbitration courts. Andrey has acted as defence counsel in several high-profile cases.
Among Andrey's projects:
- Defending Ilya Averyanov, the former director of the Menshevik factory in a murder case. He was arrested on charges of murdering a security guard, but EPAM attorneys successfully proved the innocence of the defendant whose factory had been the subject of a raid.
- Defending Maxim Vladimirov, CFO of NPO PKB, in a criminal case concerning the embezzlement of funds from Vostochny Bank.
- Representing Artur Kontrabayev, former Minister of Informatisation of Tula Region, who was charged with embezzlement of budgetary funds allocated for the development of a regional health information system software.
- Defending a client in an unprecedented case involving the alleged theft of "the right to register computer programmes" (Part 4, Article 159 of the Russian Criminal Code, fraud on a particularly large scale). The court fully supported the defence’s position, stating that the theft of the "right to register computer programs" was impossible.
- Representing the employees of Volgograd Steel Works «Red October», the Volgograd metallurgical plant, and its beneficiaries in the criminal case brought with respect to the default on the USD 80m loan agreement.
- Representing the former chairman of the RusHydro Management Board, Evgeny Dod, who was accused of defrauding the company in the amount of RUB 73m.
- Representing a large Russian retail network in an over RUB 5bn tax evasion case.
- Representing the head of the organisation in a criminal case before the customs authority regarding payment evasion when importing a yacht.
Prior to joining the Firm, Andrey Bastrakov practiced law in a number of law firms, where he specialised in conducting criminal and civil matters and representation of clients before arbitrazh courts.
Andrey is a member of the Criminal Law Commission of the Russian Bar Association.
He earned a degree in Criminal Proceedings from the Lomonosov Moscow State University’s Law School.
He is fluent in English.
Andrey has been admitted to the Moscow Bar Association.