21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Alexander Kiselev advises and represents clients in arbitration courts and courts of general jurisdiction in a wide range of cases: corporate, bankruptcy, antitrust, administrative disputes, disputes over rights to real estate and intellectual property, as well as disputes over protection of business reputation. He has successfully defended the interests of clients before the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation and before the Supreme Arbitration Court of the Russian Federation.
Among Alexander’s projects:
- Defending Yandex, Russia’s largest IT company, in an antitrust dispute over Google’s abuse of the market by pre-installing apps on Android devices.
- Defending an industrial company and its majority shareholder against lawsuits by minority shareholders for contesting the price of a compulsory buyout of shares and recovering damages.
- Defending the directors and parent company of an international energy holding company in a matter by minority shareholders for multibillion losses.
- Challenging acts of the Federal Treasury seeking recovery of billions of dollars from the principals - the largest concessionaires in road construction and waste management.
- Representing a Russian manufacturer of high-tech systems in an appeal against the FAS Russia’s decision to recognise the client’s cost of products supplied under a state contract as overstated.
- Defending a coalition of Internet companies in a case in which a Russian Internet giant appealed the acts of the Russian FAS in connection with antitrust proceedings for abuse of a dominant position in the Internet search market.
- Defending a major top manager in a dispute with a leading business publication over protecting business reputation.
- Defending an underground construction company against a billion-dollar contractor’s lawsuit for lost profits.
Alexander joined the Firm in 2013. Prior to that, he was a legal counsel at an international law firm, where he was involved,inter alia, in a project to represent a foreign investor in a large-scale dispute against Russian participants in an investment project under the Kyoto Protocol. He was previously a lawyer at a Russian law firm.
Alexander graduated from the Faculty of Law at National Research University Higher School of Economics.
He is admitted to the Moscow Bar Association.