EPAM Workshop ‘Latest Trends in Customs Control: Mitigating the Risks’
At the workshop, attorneys of Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners will address what one should know about customs inspections in order to prepare, in advance, what grounds may be used to challenge the results of such inspections, how unchallenged judgments in administrative cases may give rise to a criminal case, and to study real cases.
The virtual workshop will be held on February 17, 2022 from 11:00 to 12:30.
Topics for discussion*:
- The latest trends in customs control
- Classification of goods: practical aspects and prospects of appeal
- Customs value: how can one confirm the value declared?
- Consequences of customs inspections: criminal risks
- Customs inspection procedure: basis, specifics, rights and obligations of officials and the inspected
- Looking into the future: Federal Customs Service inspections in the context of the new Code of Administrative Offences. Comments from the attendees to the interdepartmental meetings on the Code reform
Moderator - Andrey Porfiriev, Partner at EPAM
- Alexey Karchiomov, Counsel and head of Maritime Shipping / Transport Law Practice at EPAM
- Pavel Baryshnikov, Administrative Law Associate at EPAM
In order to make our discussion more relevant, we would invite you to send your questions to email@example.com in advance but no later than on February 16, 2022.
Attendance** is free of charge but requires pre-registration.
Contacts: Natalia Nikulina and Elmira Smirnova, +7 (495) 935 80 10, firstname.lastname@example.org
*The program and the panel are subject to amendments.
**Participation is restricted to in-house lawyers and businesses only.
The event is a part of a series of online EPAM workshops ‘Regulatory and Law Enforcement Inspections: How to Protect Yourself’, where attorneys of the Firm will address the mistakes made while being the subject of an inspection that might give rise to civil liability, hefty fines and criminal prosecution, and will advise on how to pass these inspections successfully. The workshops are focused on reviewing the cases that illustrate what issues a company might face if it is inspected by the Federal Antimonopoly Service, the Federal Tax Service, the Federal Customs Service, Rosprirodnadzor and Rostechnadzor. More information about the events>>