Anna Numerova has been dealing with antitrust matters for over ten years. She has represented clients before the FAS Russia as related to investigations, antitrust and legal proceedings over abuse of a dominant position and anticompetitive agreements, as well as counselling on purchases and transfers of assets in Russia and abroad by major Russian or international companies. Recently, Anna has been engaged in the development of compliance systems for clients operating in various sectors of the economy.
Anna’s recent landmark projects include: providing legal support to a global private investment firm, Rhône Capital, as part of the approval procedure of a first deal considered by the Governmental Commission under the new rules of Law on Foreign Investment No. 160-FZ, representing R-Pharm in a dispute with the FAS Russia in cases over price fixing at auctions and during an anticompetitive agreement with the Russian Ministry of Health, as well as defending Novartis pharmaceutical company before the FAS Russia and in courts in a case over price control.
Anna’s selected highlights include:
- Approval of a world leading industrial gas maker’s purchase of facilities from a Russian industrial gas making equipment manufacturer.
- Advising on antitrust clearance in Russia as related to the establishment of an LPG joint venture between a German and Russian company.
- Securing approval from the FAS Russia for a deal between a French company engaged in resource protection and recovery and the world-leading supplier of modern water supply solutions. Matter value: € 3.2 bn.
- Drafting, filing and following up on an application to the FAS Russia as related to MKB Group’s purchasing of financial and real estate assets from FC URALSIB.
- Approval with the Russian competition authorities of a purchase by the world leader in manufacturing and implementation of advanced wired and wireless technologies of a Russian subsidiary of the world leading supplier of TV broadcasting products and comprehensive solutions. Matter value: approximately USD 220 million.
- Counselling on a consortium of investors' purchasing of shares in Tele2 Russia.
- Approval with the FAS Russia of a global pharmaceutical company’s purchasing of a large Russian drug manufacturer.
- Advising a Scandinavian investment fund on antitrust matters in a sale of its assets related to the manufacturing of industrial laminated materials and protective packaging products, including representation of the client before the FAS Russia.
Anna is a leading competition law expert. In 2013, she joined the Firm as a Competition Practice Counsel. Prior to joining the Firm, Anna was a competition practice partner at another Russian law firm and prior to that, she had been on the competition team at ALRUD law firm for over five years.
Anna is on the Public Council with the FAS Russia, the Competition Experts Association, where she has been a member for eight years now, four years of which she held the position of General Counsel; she has also been on the Non-Profit Partnership for Supporting Competition in the CIS since its creation. Anna is a member of the International Bar Association (IBA) and the American Bar Association (ABA).
Anna graduated from the Moscow Humanitarian University with jurisprudence as her major (2000), she holds a Master degree in private law from the Russian School of Private Law (2008) and had her LL.M. in International Business and Economic Law from Georgetown University Law Center (USA) (2011).
In 2015, Anna was awarded a Second-Class Medal of the Order of Merit for the Motherland upon recommendation by the FAS Russia.
She has been admitted to the Moscow Bar.