Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners is the largest independent law firm in the CIS, offering a full range of services across our offices in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus, and associated offices in London, Washington, D.C. and Limassol.
Amongst our ~500 staff, are nationals of over 15 countries, including USA, UK, France, Austria, Israel, Cyprus, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Kazakhstan and many others.
The firm’s market leading reputation is recognized by legal directories such as Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500. Amongst numerous accolades, the firm was recognised as “Law Firm of The Year: Russia, Ukraine & CIS 2018” and “European Law Firm of the Year 2014” by The Lawyer – a leading international legal publication.
The firm regularly represents international clients in some of the most sophisticated investment projects in the region, boasting a successful track record of cross-border deals and advisory work across the CIS, Europe, the USA and Asia since its formation in 1993.
Some of our project highlights include:
- Representing the interests of the Bank of New York Mellon (USA) in an unprecedented USD 22.5bn litigation brought by the Russian Federal Customs Service. Read more
- Representing the interests of Procter & Gamble (USA) in clearing the USD 12.5bn transaction with Coty Inc. Read more
- Advising Danone (France) on its pan-CIS merger with Unimilk. Read more
- Protecting the intellectual property rights of Formula One Management (UK) in Russia. Read more
- Successfully defending Allianz (Germany) in a confrontation with bogus agricultural lawyers who had brought claims worth over USD 15mln against the company. Read more
- Representing Pfizer (USA) before FAS Russia on the public procurement of a vaccine.
- Assisting Knauf Petrobord (Germany) in USD 50mln Investment Agreement with the Leningrad Regional Government. Read more
- Acting for TOTAL S.A. (France) in a multi-billion-dollar precedent setting dispute with the Volgograd and Saratov regions’ administrations (Russia). Read more
- Successfully representing Bayer (Germany) in a dispute over its patent rights. Read more
- Representing Fortum (Finland) before the Governmental Commission for Foreign Investments and the FAS Russia in the course of its landmark acquisition of Uniper. Read more
- Advising Irish Bank Resolution Corporation (Ireland) on the Russian and the Ukrainian parts of the USD 3bn debt collection proceedings.
- Representing Novartis Pharma AG (Switzerland) in the FAS of Russia and before the courts in a dispute over the price of a drug that was not subject to price regulation and other ongoing matters. Read more
- Successfully representing Orion (UK) in a dispute over its patent rights. Read more
- Advising BNP Paribas Fortis (France) in connection with potential investments in Russia’s commodity trading companies. Read more
- Advising Citigroup Global Markets Limited (UK) and Raiffeisen Bank International AG (Austria) on issuance and placement of sovereign Eurobonds of the Republic of Belarus. Read more
- Representing TA Associates (UK) in obtaining the FAS approval for acquisition of Netwrix Corporation. Read more
- Representing The Chatterjee Group (USA) in obtaining the FAS Russia approval for acquisition of Lummus Technologies. Read more
- Advising Clemco International (USA) on IP, corporate, customs and regulatory matters. Read more
- Advising DMC Global (USA) on the sale of its Russian subsidiary. Read more
- Successfully representing Nordic Yards Wismar GmbH (Germany) in a dispute with a Russian counterparty. Read more
- Advising FAM AB (Sweden) in a cross-border transaction worth over USD 580mln to purchase business subdivision of Sandvik Process Systems. Read more