21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
An experienced skilled practitioner advising at the highest level and having a perfect understanding of business tasks
Anna Numerova has specialized in antitrust matters for over 15 years. She represents clients before the FAS Russia and in courts in the course of investigations in relation to abuse of dominant position and anticompetitive agreements. Anna regularly assists large Russian and foreign companies with receiving regulatory approvals from the FAS Russia and the Government Commission on Strategic Investments for transactions in Russia and abroad. Most recently, she has been involved in the development of compliance systems for clients in various sectors of the economy.
Anna’s selected highlights include:
- Supporting Fortum B.V., a leading energy company, in the largest European M&A transaction in the industry since 2012 (deal value is estimated at EUR6.5 bn) for the acquisition of a majority stake in Uniper SE. The transaction required the approval of the FAS Russia and the Government Commission for Strategic Investments and was characterized by the precedent-setting nature of the taken decisions.
- Representing R-Pharm in a dispute with the FAS Russia in a number of cartel cases in 2018 - 2020.
- Obtaining clearance from the FAS Russia for the acquisition of Russia’s largest online bus ticket aggregator Busfor by the French carpooling service BlaBlaCar (one of the largest digital economy deals of 2019).
- Providing legal support for the international private investment company Rhône Capital during the acquisition of Maxam, an explosives maker, and receiving approval for the deal from the Government Commission for strategic investments, considered under the new law “On foreign investment” No. 160-FZ.
- Representing a major Russian oil & gas company in antitrust and tariff investigations, challenging the monopolistically high price of oil transshipment services at a seaport.
- Defending the pharmaceutical company Novartis before the FAS Russia and in courts in a dispute initiated by the regulator over monopolistically high prices for a medicinal product imported into Russia.
- Developing the first competition compliance system for the Russian state company Avtodor, which voluntarily adopted the antitrust risk warning system for its group of companies.
- Representing the interests of Mondi Syktyvkar, a subsidiary of the international group Mondi Uncoated Fine Paper, Russia’s largest producer of offset paper, before the FAS Russia in a case of abuse of dominant market position.
Anna is a member of Eurasian Competition Association and over the last 8 years, a senior member of the management of the Association of Antitrust experts, including 4 years as Chair.
Anna is a member of the International Bar Association (IBA) and the American Bar Association (ABA).
Anna graduated from the Moscow Humanitarian University with jurisprudence as her major (2000), she holds a Master’s degree in private law from the Russian School of Private Law (2008) and received her LL.M. in International Business and Economic Law from Georgetown University Law Center (USA) (2011).
In 2015, Anna was awarded a Second-Class Medal of the Order of Merit for the Motherland upon recommendation by the FAS Russia.
She is a member of the Moscow Bar.
Antitrust practice team of Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners Obtained Pre-closing Clearance of FAS Russia for the Purchase of Shares in Norbert Dentressangle SA by XPO Logistics in Record-Breaking time