GCR 100 2022: EPAM Confirms Its Status as Elite Law Firm for Antitrust Law
Global Competition Review 100 (GCR 100) has once again classified EPAM among the “elite” law firms specialising in antitrust law.
GCR 100 highly noted a number of landmark and high-profile matters handled by EPAM Competition Practice, including global projects pursued by the Firm Chairman Dmitry Afanasiev, the Head of Competition Practice Natalia Korosteleva, Partners Anna Numerova, Evgeny Bolshakov, and Maria Kobanenko. These projects included:
- representing a coalition of companies in a world-first, unprecedented series of proceedings against Yandex over charges that the IT giant abused its dominance on the Internet search market;
- representing the Finnish energy company Fortum before the Governmental Commission for Foreign Investment and the FAS Russia as related to its global acquisition of the German company Uniper;
- termination of the antitrust proceedings against Spar and Magnit supermarket chains initiated by the antimonopoly services over a suggested cartel agreement in view of the increased buckwheat prices, which is landmark for the food market;
- protecting the transnational pharma corporation Novartis in a case over a breach of the competition protection law by Nativa’s distributor, which commercialised a generic drug in breach of the patent rights to the original drug formula;
- advising the US-based PPG in Russia on the purchase of shares in Tikkurila;
- protecting Rosgosstrakh in a precedent-setting anti-monopoly case, where the FAS Russia considered the anti-competitive agreements entered into between two independent insurance companies for the first time ever, and which was initiated upon an application under the indemnification program;
- obtaining clearance for the unique partnership between Gett and Citimobil taxi aggregators before the FAS Russia.