Vladimir represents clients in complex international arbitration and litigation disputes and advises them on international trade law, trade remedies, WTO law, foreign investment protection, investment arbitration as well as public international law. He is experienced in arbitration proceedings under the rules of the ICC, LCIA, SCC, ICAC and UNCITRAL, as well as in the coordination of multijurisdictional cases before the courts of the USA, various EU jurisdictions, England and Wales, Turkey, India, Russia, Serbia, Singapore and other countries.
Vladimir’s recent experience in international arbitration and litigation resolution includes:
- Representing a client in a large-scale arbitration case in relation to a Russian-Indian joint venture with parallel satellite proceedings in several Indian state courts.
- Representing a Russian producer in a dispute against a European company regarding the acquisition of business in Turkey (ICC and complex litigation in several jurisdictions).
- Representing the Russian state company before the English courts on the matters of alleged conspiracy in a cross-border bankruptcy matter.
Vladimir’s recent experience in international trade includes:
- Advising foreign metals & mining company in an antidumping and countervailing investigation before the Eurasian Economic Commission.
- Advising Russian automotive producer on various trade and industrial policy issues.
- Advising a regional economic integration organization on improvements to its inter-state dispute settlement mechanism.
- Advising an international food company on the amendments of the Customs Union technical regulation.
Vladimir holds a Bachelor of Law (cum laude) and a Master’s degree from St. Petersburg State University School of Law. He also earned a Master of International Law and Economics degree (magna cum laude) from the World Trade Institute, Universities of Bern, Fribourg, and Neuchatel (Switzerland). He also graduated from the Linguistics Department of St. Petersburg State University in 2006 (cum laude), with qualification of a Russian – English interpreter in the professional field.
Vladimir is a faculty member at the St. Petersburg State University Law Faculty and Faculty of Law of the National Research University – the Higher School of Economics. He was awarded the title of the Best Teacher of the Higher School of Economics in 2014 and 2015. He teaches courses on international trade, cross-border dispute resolution and regional economic integration.
He has been admitted to the St. Petersburg Bar Association since 2012.
He is fluent in English.