21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Anastasiya specialises in environmental law, technical regulations and subsoil use.
She represents clients in commercial courts and courts of general jurisdiction in matters of environmental management, protection and safety issues. Anastasiya advises on the enforcement of forest law and also in regard to obtaining and extending licences for the use of subsoil and natural resources. She has expertise in the resolution of disputes involving state authorities.
Her projects include the following:
- Comprehensive legal support for the activities of stevedoring companies in conflicts with supervisory authorities (Rosprirodnadzor, Rospotrebnadzor, environmental and transport prosecutor's offices), including: support during inspections, participation in administrative proceedings, support with pre-investigation checks, appealing decisions of authorities in arbitration courts and courts of general jurisdiction, preparation of a multilateral agreement between stevedoring companies and relevant authorities on the regulation of economic activities related to the transshipment of dusty cargo.
- Comprehensive legal support in a dispute between the largest gold mining company in the Far East and Rosprirodnadzor (on issues of illegal accrual of multimillion-dollar fees for negative environmental impact), with Rostekhnadzor (on compliance with industrial safety requirements), with the environmental prosecutor's office, including: support of control and supervisory activities, providing legal support in administrative and criminal proceedings, and trials.
- Advising a major construction company on the proper implementation of business activities in inland waters, the territorial sea, and on the seabed which included the preparation of a step-by-plan and compiling a list of permits.
- Representing the interests of a company in arbitration court after an accident at an ammonia pipeline; as a result, which resulted in a decrease in total financial claims by 8 times;
- Representing the interests of a producer of chromium and chromium compounds in an appeal against the claims of the regional division of Rosprirodnadzor on the collection of payments for negative environmental impact.
- Advising a French company in relations with Rostekhnadzor on issues related to bringing to administrative responsibility for violations of license requirements.
- Representing the interests of a tobacco concern on the suspension of the plant's activities due to exceeding the maximum allowable emissions and an insufficient sanitary protection zone.
- Advising the Federal Service for Ecological, Technological and Nuclear Supervision on the development of a concept for improving the legislation of the Russian Federation.
- Development of the concept of the Environmental Industrial Code, participation in the working group on the development of the draft Environmental Industrial Code.
- Participation in various working groups on the issues of the "regulatory guillotine", including on the basis of the Analytical Center under the Government of the Russian Federation.
- Preparation of a legal opinion on the cultivation and processing of medicinal plants and the export of raw materials for the production of cosmetics and perfumery products.
- Providing legal support for a coal company in a lawsuit on the issue of early termination of the right to use subsoil.
- Participation in a lawsuit to challenge the decision of Rosnedra to provide a subsoil plot for mining to an opponent based on the results of a tender.
- Performing legal due diligence on a company in order to analyze the legal aspects of the company's business activities and assess risks (environmental protection, compliance with industrial safety requirements).
- Advising foreign companies on extended liability of producers/importers of goods into the Russian Federation.
- Development of a scheme for organising the water supply and sanitation of a large metallurgical plant in order to prevent violations of the environmental legislation of the Russian Federation.
- Preparation of a legal opinion on the legal regime for the use of medical waste.
- Challenging the illegal accrual of a multi-million dollar fee by a large European company (food sector) due to the alleged impact on centralised sewerage systems.
- Drafting of contracts for service companies drilling oil wells (at semi-submersible platforms, continental shelf), taking into account the assessment and redistribution of risks between the subsoil user and the service company.
- Representing the interests of a charterer of a vessel in arbitration courts in a dispute with the territorial Department of Rosprirodnadzr on the recovery of a multi-million dollar fee for damage caused to an area of a water body.
- Development of the concept and draft regulations on the issues of changing the legal regime of forest areas in the interests of the largest gold mining companies.
Before joining the Firm in 2013, Anastasiya worked for over seven years for the North-West Branch of the Federal Service for Supervision of Natural Resources. As the Head of the Legal Support Division at the department, she provided legal support for the activities of the department’s subdivisions, was in charge of the control and supervision of all types of environmental monitoring, and represented the department’s interests before state authorities. She was involved in the recovery of environmental damages following an accidental spill of petroleum products, as well as in a number of cases related to the recovery of heavy fines imposed on corporations for environmental damage.
Anastasiya is accredited by the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation as an independent expert authorized to carry out anti‑corruption testing on laws and regulations.
In 2008 Anastasiya graduated from St. Petersburg State University, specializing in Natural Resources Law. She has been admitted to the Leningrad Region Bar Association. Anastasiya is a Member of the Environment and Energy Commission of ICC.