Evgeny Raschevksy and Andrew Lomas to speak at 2nd Annual GAR Live Moscow
On October 8-9, 2020, the 2nd Annual GAR Live Moscow arranged by Global Arbitration Review with contributions from Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners is to be held online. Evgeny Raschevsky, Partner and co-head of the International Arbitration & Litigation Practice at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners, and Andrew Lomas, also Co-Head of the International Arbitration & Litigation Practice at the Firm, are to speak at the conference.
GAR Live Moscow is the biggest event of the year for the global international arbitration community and the only forum of the kind in the CIS.
This year, the key topics for discussion are
- Arbitration 2020: Innovations and Cybersecurity
- Asian Opportunities and Disputes
- Commoditisation of Investment Claims
- Transparency vs. Confidentiality in Arbitration
Leading experts and international arbitration stars are to attend the discussions.
Andrew Lomas is to speak on the first conference day at the session Transparency vs. confidentiality in arbitration, where the attendees are to discuss various points of arbitration proceedings including:
- Whether there are actual remedies against breach of confidentiality in arbitration proceedings;
- What the real value of confidentiality is;
- If the arbitral award is more likely to become public when it’s being enforced;
- If one should disclose the funding and the identity of the funder in arbitration proceedings no matter if this is required under the applicable laws and rules;
- Who has been pushing for greater transparency in commercial and investment arbitration.
Evgeny Raschevsky is to act as a judge at The GAR Live Debate. The debate is to be held in form of a mock trial, where two parties are to argue in favor of or against the assumption that judges or arbitrators should be more critical of counsel and experts in awards. The audience will be invited to vote for one of the parties online.
The detailed program is available at 2nd Annual GAR Live Moscow>>