Vladimir Pestrikov focuses on resolution of corporate and commercial disputes, handles complex litigation, including that involving foreign entities and cross-jurisdictional matters as well as provides support in non-domestic litigation where he advises on Russian law. Vladimir is also an expert in international commercial arbitration, and is engaged in arbitrations under the rules of various institutions, in the proceedings to acknowledge and enforce foreign court decisions and arbitration awards in the Russian Federation.
Recently, he has acted on the following cases:
- Representing Irish Bank Resolution Corporation in the USD 3bn plus complex multi-jurisdictional litigation dispute over the landmark assets, formerly belonged to Sean Quinn family.
- Representing a foreign shareholder in a large-scale corporate multijurisdictional dispute over one of the biggest Russian retail companies (including proceedings in Russian courts, LCIA arbitration and BVI court proceedings).
- Representing a Russian service provider in a matter before the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC) vs. one of the leading European telecommunication companies.
- Advising a Russian client in a shareholders’ dispute in the SCC Arbitration as well as coordinating parallel court proceedings in the BVI and Cyprus seeking injunctions in aid of the Arbitration.
- Supporting a Russian state-owned corporation in its dispute in the Cypriot court concerning shareholding and management of an investment fund.
- Representing a leading Russian real estate development group in the damage collection dispute against a former top manager of an affiliated company, including both foreign (the UK, Cyprus and more) and domestic proceedings.
- Advising the global commodities trading company on enforcement of a FOSFA arbitral award issued in favour of our client and related to collection of damages from a Russian grain trading company.
In 2010 he served an internship with the Bryan Cave London office, where he worked on a number of international arbitration mandates, including a ground-breaking LCIA CIS-related case.
Prior to joining Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners, Vladimir was a part of International Arbitration and Litigation team at Magisters, CIS-based law firm. Before, he took an in-house position at major Russian industrial holding.
Vladimir graduated from the Moscow State Institute for International Relations (University) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia (MGIMO). He also studied law at the Philipps-Universität Marburg, being awarded a German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholarship.