Alexey Rodionov specializes in advising on antitrust disputes and has extensive experience of counselling Russian and foreign companies across all regions of Russia.
The companies Alexey represented in various types of disputes include BP, Gazprom, Transneft, the Moscow Channel, Rostelecom, Telenor, TeliaSonera, Ingosstrakh, Mirax Group, SibCem, the Russian Chess Federation, TransContainer, Basic Element, Russian Funds etc.
His highlights include:
- Protecting the interests of an international drug manufacturer before the FAS Russia and arbitrazh courts in the proceedings to qualify advertisements disseminated by the client’s competitor on the Internet as unfair.
- Protecting the interests of an automotive company as a distributor of diesel engines and spare parts accused of abusing its dominant position on the diesel engine market, as well as limiting the competition through restricting the area of sales in dealer contracts.
- Representing a telecommunications company in a litigation over forced access to radio communications infrastructure.
- Representing a Swiss pharmaceutical company in a case regarding monopolistically high drug prices.
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive program in order to prevent the unfair retail practice of imposing additional services as a hidden fee for placing goods in retail chains.
- Representing a metals company before the FAS Russia in relation to an investigation launched by the Eurasian Economic Commission with regard to certain types of rolled steel imported in the EAEU.
- Representing an investment company in a legal dispute over the appeal of the omission to act by the FAS Russia.
Alexey was involved in legislative drafting, and namely in the drafting of Federal Law “On Competition Protection”. He is the author of a number of reviews on topical issues of antitrust regulation, legal profession and corporate disputes.
Alexey graduated from the Law School of the St Petersburg State University (1998).
He has been admitted to the St Petersburg Bar Association since 2001.