On August 25, 2021, IFLR1000, which focuses on corporate law, finance, PPP and project finance, released the results of its annual rankings of the best law firms. Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners has been recommended for its work in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
In Russia, Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners is recommended for eight out of nine areas of law with a Tier 1 ranking in restructuring and insolvency law for the second year in a row, as well as being the only Russian firm in that tier.
IFLR1000 has ranked the following individuals:
- Dmitry Afanasiev, Chairman of the Firm, continues to hold leading positions in competition law, restructuring and insolvency law, as well as in M&A;
- Dmitriy Glazounov, Partner, a market leader in banking and capital markets;
- Arkady Krasnikhin, Partner, recommended for M&A;
- Olga Mischenko, Counsel at the St. Petersburg Office, recommended for project finance and PPP.
Rising star Partners:
- Vera Rikhterman, Partner, recommended for restructuring and insolvency (ranked for the first time).
Notable practitioners and Rising stars:
- Elena Agaeva, Counsel and head of M&A and Corporate Practice at the St. Petersburg office of the Firm, recommended for M&A;
- Roman Malovitsky, Counsel, recommended for banking law;
- Vladimir Goglachev, Senior Associate, recommended for banking law.
In Belarus, the Firm mantained its leading rankings in Tier 1 for all areas of law researched, most notably in financial and corporate law as well in project finance. Denis Turovets, Minsk office Managing Partner of Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partnershas been recognised as a market leader in the following categories: capital markets, energy and infrastructure, banking law and project finance. Anna Rusetskaya, Partner, is ranked as a “highly regarded lawyer” for capital markets, banking and M&A.
The Rising stars inlcude:
- Alexander Buzo, Senior Associate, recommended for banking;
- Igor Yatskovsky, Senior Associate, recommended for financial and corporate.
In Ukraine, the Firm is recommended for M&A Oksana Ilchenko, Kiev office Managing Partner of Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners, is ranked as a Highly regarded lawyer for competition law, restructuring and insolvency, banking, private equity and M&A.
International Financial Law Review is a leading international, industry-specific legal directory that publishes annual rankings of the key players in the legal market in the field of financial and corporate law.
More details on the rankings: https://www.iflr1000.com/